Capital Credit Union recently awarded $100,000 to 11 local fire, police, and EMS organizations through its Elevate Communities program. The following organizations were selected to receive grants from 35 applicants based on the urgency of their project, the resources they currently possess, and their community impact:
- Appleton Fire Department – Infrared Laser Natural Gas Detector
- Ashwaubenon Department of Public Safety – OSCR360 Project
- Crooked Lake Volunteer Fire Department – Dry Hydrant Installation
- Ephraim Fire-Rescue Association – Update Rescue Equipment
- Grand Chute Fire Department – Personal Protective Equipment Upgrades
- Green Bay Police Department – Community Police E-Bikes
- Little Chute Fire Department – Turnout Gear Extractor System & Drying Cabinet
- Oconto Falls Police Department – School Security and Trauma Kits
- Oshkosh Fire Department – Lithium-Ion Battery Car Fire Blanket
- Suamico Fire Department – Confined Space Rescue Kit
- Town of Neenah Fire Department – Structural Fire Fighting Boots
The application period was open January 2nd through March 31st, 2023. Any fire, police, and EMS organization located in Brown, Calumet, Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Marinette, Menominee, Oconto, Outagamie, Shawano, Waupaca or Winnebago county were encouraged to apply.
“Capital Credit Union wants to show our appreciation for the role service organizations play in our communities every day, and we want to ensure they have the best equipment available while doing so. This is such an impactful way for us to make a difference and help these organizations keep our communities safe. Our Elevate Communities program allows us to show how much our Capital Credit Union Employees and Members care,” Capital Credit Union’s President and CEO, Laurie Butz, said.
For more information on the Capital Credit Union Elevate Communities program, visit https://www.capitalcu.com/elevate-communities. Capital Credit Union is headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., has assets of more than $2.3 billion and serves more than 120,000 members with offices located throughout Northeast Wisconsin in the greater Green Bay, Fox Valley and Heart of the Valley areas, Greenville, Oshkosh, Freedom, Shawano and Sturgeon Bay. Follow Capital Credit Union on Facebook at “Capital Credit Union” and online at www.capitalcu.com