FOX CITIES, Wis. (June 21, 2021) – Nominations are open now through July 30 for the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce’s 2021 Professional Leadership Awards. These awards, which are the highest honors presented by the Chamber, recognize business and professional excellence in the region, which includes Outagamie County, Calumet County, and the northern portion of Winnebago County.
Nominations for the following awards can be submitted online at http://bit.ly/2021fccawards. Listed eligibility requirements apply:
- The ATHENA Leadership Award®, which is sponsored by Bergstrom Automotive, recognizes a woman who has achieved the highest level of professional excellence. The most recent recipient (2019) of this award was Heather Schimmers of Ascension Wisconsin.
- The Business of the Year (small and large categories) distinction is given for outstanding performance, growing and/or increasing jobs, increasing sales, overcoming adversity, and community contributions. The most recent recipients (2020) were Fox Cities Performing Arts Center (large) and Fox Cities Sign (small).
- The Fox Cities Business Leader Hall of Fame recognizes a retired individual who has demonstrated personal and business success and is a role model for future generations. The most recent inductees (2019) were Denny Lamers of McMahon Associates and Rollie Stephenson of Faith Technologies.
- The Company InnovationAward acknowledges organizations that identify opportunities and execute creative-thinking and calculated risk-taking to bring innovation to the marketplace.
- The Rising Star Award recognizes relatively new “up and coming” small businesses with a unique blend of vision, energy, perseverance and skill. It is for ventures that have been in business less than five years and have had a strong start with the potential for growing into a prosperous enterprise in the future. The most recent recipient (2020) was Little Critter Pediatric Dentistry.
- The Gus A. Zuehlke Distinguished Service Award is designed to honor an individual who has made outstanding contributions through leadership in the business community and service during their years as a Chamber member. The most recent recipient (2019) was Susan May of Fox Valley Technical College.
- The Joyce Bytof Exceptional Mentor Award is given to an individual who is proactive in the advancement of others by sharing time, talent, and business experience for the purpose of promoting growth and opportunity in our community. The most recent recipient (2019) was Sherry Coley of Davis & Kuelthau, s.c.
Award recipients will be determined by a Chamber-appointed selection committee and announced to the public on Friday, Oct. 1. Four of this year’s honorees will also be recognized on stage at the Chamber’s new Celebrate Fox Cities Annual Dinner Oct. 14 in Appleton: the ATHENA Leadership Award®, Small Business of the Year, Large Business of the Year, and this year’s inductee into the Fox Cities Business Leader Hall of Fame. There will not be a separate awards ceremony.
To learn more and view a list of past award recipients, visit www.foxcitieschamber.com/awards.
About Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce
The Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce captures the energy of one of Wisconsin’s most dynamic regions by promoting employers, economic development, and quality of life. For more information, visit www.foxcitieschamber.com.