Effective April 1, 2021, Gerbers Law, S.C. will combine its practice with the Wisconsin-based law firm of DeWitt LLP and will begin doing business as DeWitt LLP. DeWitt has additional offices in Madison, Minneapolis, and Metro-Milwaukee.
This combination is the result of over a year of strategic planning and discussion. The merged firm will now have nearly 130 attorneys, practicing in over 30 areas of law, with offices in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
In a statement regarding the merger, DeWitt LLP said:
"We recognized the opportunity to further strengthen and expand the services offered to our clients by joining practices. Our increased size will allow us to offer expanded areas of legal services to our clients, while maintaining the high-quality of services and cost-effective rates we currently offer.
DeWitt LLP has a history dating back to 1903 and is well-known for its corporate, environmental, government relations, labor and employment, litigation and intellectual property practices. Our firms share similar business structures, strong financial health, close attorney relationships, as well as a compatible approach to delivering topnotch legal services.
Our name will change on April 1, 2021. However, there are several things that will not change:
- You will continue to work with the same people in our firm that you have in the past. All our people are being retained in their current roles.
- Our fee structure will not change.
- The services that we have provided you in the past will continue to be offered by the combined firm.
- We will continue to operate from our current offices located at 2391 Holmgren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304.
- All contact information, including our telephone numbers will remain the same, except our email addresses will change. The format of our email addresses will change to (first initial, last firstname.lastname@example.org. For example, Terry J. Gerbers, will become email@example.com.
- Your files will remain here with the combined firm unless you advise us otherwise.
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you have any questions. We are very excited about this new chapter for our firm and look forward to discussing our expanded areas of practice with you soon."