As we stated yesterday, WMC is monitoring the evolving situation relating to the COVID-19 pandemic. As of 5:00 pm today, March 17, Gov. Tony Evers has further restricted his order on mass gatherings.
The governor has directed the Department of Health Services (DHS) to prohibit “mass gatherings of 10 or more people to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.” As with his previous order, there are exceptions that include office spaces, manufacturing facilities and some retail establishments.
The governor did encourage all gatherings to preserve social distancing of at least six feet between people and follow all other public health recommendations by DHS and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Gov. Evers’ order limiting mass gatherings provides for the following exemptions:
- Office spaces. Such facilities shall impalement social distancing, including teleworking, as much as practical.
- Manufacturing, processing, distribution and production facilities
- Utility facilities
- Retail establishments where large numbers of people are present but are generally not within arm’s length of one another for more than 10 minutes. However, indoor shopping malls shall close.
- Restaurants may remain open for take-out or delivery service only. No seating may be provided and food may not be consumed at the restaurant.
- Retail food establishments (grocery stores, convenience stores, etc.) as long as the requirements listed below are followed:
- o Close all seating intended for consuming food
- o Cease self-service operations of salad bars, beverage stations and buffets
- o Prohibit customers from self-dispensing all unpackaged food
In addition to Gov. Evers’ order limiting mass gatherings, he also called on the legislature to repeal a one-week waiting period for laid-off workers to collect unemployment after they first file for benefits. He also said he would sign an order tomorrow that will modify work search requirements for those on unemployment.
WMC continues to work with federal and state governments, national partners and others to ensure you have the most up to date and accurate information. That is why WMC will also be hosting two webinars tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18 at 10:00AM and 2:00PM. Click the links below to register:
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. As a reminder, please practice proper social distancing as recommended by DHS and the CDC. Also, continue to wash your hands regularly with soap and water, avoid touching your face and please stay home if you feel ill.