Why a business blog should be part of your marketing strategy
The power of a business blog is well documented. Not only is it a cost-effective way to attract and retain customers, it establishes you / your company as an expert in the field, builds top of mind awareness, and drives website traffic. Here are some key reasons why it should be an essential part of your marketing strategy.
- Establishes Expertise: Blogging allows a business to share their knowledge and expertise on a particular topic. Your business blog should serve as a resource for people who are looking for (or considering) your product or service. By providing valuable and informative content, you establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry.
- Increases Website Traffic: A blog is a powerful tool for driving traffic to a website. By consistently creating new content, including links within your blog, and sharing blog posts on social media, you attract more visitors to your website.
- Cost-effective: Blogging is a cost-effective way to market a business. It requires minimal investment and is a continuous source of information for customers and potential customers.
- Builds relationships: Blogging allows businesses to build relationships with their customers, suppliers, and partners. By sharing valuable information, businesses can create a sense of trust and loyalty, which can ultimately lead to increased sales and repeat business.
Still not convinced? Consider these statistics
- According to WordPress, as of February 2021, more than 409 million people visit over 20 billion blog pages monthly (WordPress, 2021).
- 55% of B2B marketers consider articles as the most successful type of content for moving possible clients through the sales funnel. (Statista, 2020)
- 55% of marketers gained new customers because of blogging (Oberlo, 2020).
- Blogs are rated as the 5th most trusted source for online information in terms of accuracy (Optinmonster, 2021).
Blogging is a powerful tool for any business. By regularly creating valuable and informative content, you will increase your visibility and build top of mind awareness among your customers. Be a thought leader!
The Fox Cities Chamber is now offering an opportunity for members to blog. The Thought Leader: A Business Blog is a new program that promotes your business and establishes you as an expert in your field. Click here to learn more.
By Laura Wiegert, VP Strategic Communications, Fox Cities Chamber