Non-Profit Focuses on Mile 10 Artist & Music Education Support
As the Mile of Music Festival readies to commemorate its “mile-stone” 10th festival in August, 2023, Appleton Community Music, Inc., a recently formed non-profit organization, is working to help sustain the nationally-celebrated event and the vibe it brings to Downtown Appleton for not just another decade, but well into the future.
Appleton Community Music, Inc. – or ACM – is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded to provide fundraising support for the four-day summer festival and for other original music experiences throughout the year in Downtown Appleton. Made up of a 12-member board of directors, ACM’s funding focuses on the following areas:
- Performance fees for the over 200 acts that play the festival;
- Artist hospitality, including lodging and meals over the four days;
- Artist care, including supporting and promoting the dental, wellness and personal care initiative offered during the Mile of Music festival, which has drawn accolades from the national music community;
- Music Education at the Festival, which includes interactive music-making experiences for participants of all ages while focusing on building inclusion, diversity and community through music;
- Mile volunteers, including coordination assistance for the 500-plus festival helpers.
Community participation plays a huge role in making a festival of this caliber possible in Appleton. With the formation of ACM, the community now has a nonprofit way to offer financial support and ensure The Mile of Music Festival’s future. Donations to ACM go directly to paying festival costs directly associated with the 700-plus musicians, music educators and volunteers.
While the festival is free to attend, there are many costs to producing this one-of-a-kind music experience. ACM aims to raise just over $400,000 to support artist performance fees, artist lodging and hospitality, and music education experiences.
Donations to Appleton Community Music can be made online through the organization’s website at appletoncommunitymusic.org or through the mail at Appleton Community Music, Inc., P.O. Box 1674, Appleton, WI 54912.
Inquiries are encouraged through the Contact page at appletoncommunitymusic.org