Firefighters and community members are welcome to honor the heroes of September 11, 2001, at the annual 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb at Lambeau Field on Saturday, September 9, 2023. Co-sponsored by the Green Bay Metro Fire Department and Pierce Manufacturing, the event pays tribute to the 343 firefighters who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. All proceeds will go to support programs offered by the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF). Event registration is open for individual and team participation.
Saturday, September 9, 2023
Opening ceremony at 9:00 a.m., with waves of climbers starting every 10 minutes
Lambeau Field, Green Bay, Wisconsin
Event details include:
- Event registration is $40 per climber July 9 – August 12, 2023, and $45 per person through the day of the climb.
- Pre-registrants will receive an event t-shirt if registered by August 12, and all climbers will receive an honor badge.
- Climbers can pre-register and check in the evening before the climb on September 8 from 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. near Lot 5 at Lambeau Field.
- An opening ceremony will take place at 9:00 a.m. on September 9 featuring the Presentation of the Colors, National Anthem, comments from the NFFF, and a prayer. Climbing safety guidelines and instructions will be announced prior to the bagpiper procession into the stadium.
- Start times will be organized into 10-minute waves of 343 climbers and will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Entertainment will be provided on the stage near the Kwik Trip Gate for event supporters and participants waiting to climb.
- Pre-registration, event details, and FAQs are available on the Facebook event page or at piercemfg.com/climb.
Last year, over 2,800 participants raised more than $180,000 for the NFFF. Chief Matthew Knott from the Green Bay Metro Fire Department remarked, “Over two decades have passed since 9/11, but the memory of that day is still deeply ingrained in our minds. Our yearly memorial stair climb serves as a modest tribute to the firefighters who lost their lives on that fateful day. We’re thankful for the chance to enable individuals to acknowledge these brave souls and to generate funds for the invaluable support offered by the NFFF.”
Bob Schulz, president of Pierce Manufacturing, emphasizes the profound impact of 9/11 on the fire service. He stated, “This event not only remembers the sacrifices but strengthens the unity and camaraderie within the community. The 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb allows us to come together as a community to show we will never forget, and to support the fire service beyond the apparatus we build each day.”
For More Information & Registration:
To learn more about the 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb at Lambeau Field or to register, visit piercemfg.com/climb.