Appleton's Octoberfest Volunteer Opportunities
- Several shifts are available at various locations on College Avenue. You do not need to be a licensed bartender, but you must be 21. Volunteers pour or serve beer to the festival attendees.
Check in Personnel - located at a specific bar
- Check in volunteers at assigned location
- Review rules, policies, and procedures with the volunteers
- Give them a volunteer T-shirt
- Hand off the volunteer to one of the bar managers
- One licensed bar manager must be behind the bar at all times
- Make sure the volunteers have enough cups for serving and make sure the cups are readily available to get re-stocked
- Role is to observe, monitor and assist; not to pour or serve beer
- Assigned to a particular block on College Avenue
- Monitor the set-up of non-profit food booths
- Monitor the take-down of non-profit food booths
- Answer questions from the public as to locations of stages, food booths, Arts & Crafts, medical facilities, etc.
- Shifts are:
- 5:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
All volunteers receive a T-shirt.
Register for Octoberfest volunteer opportunities online at http://octoberfestonline.org/volunteer.
For additional information or questions, call (920) 734-7101.