The Give Back Bus, a program of Volunteer Fox Cities, will get the wheel’s moving again on Saturday, October 27. The date is significant because it falls on Make a Difference Day, the nation’s largest day of national service. The 3-hour volunteer adventure brings participants to a local nonprofit—but they don’t know where they are going or who they will be helping until they get on the bus that day.
- Date: Saturday, October 27
- Time: 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Meeting Location: Fox Valley Technical College, Door #6
- Registration link: http://www.volunteerfoxcities.org/give-back-bus/
It is the hope of Volunteer Fox Cities that these volunteering adventures will bring awareness to community members of local causes and initiatives happening right in their backyard, that they may not have known existed. These community members have the potential to become future advocates, donors, and volunteers for these organizations, helping further important missions for our nonprofit community, and making the Fox Cities a better place to live, work and play.
Each Give Back Bus:
- Raises awareness for local causes
- Educates people on issues happening right in their backyard
- Builds a sense of pride and community for bus-goers
- Promotes a culture of civic engagement & responsibility
Participants should be 14+ (under 17 require guardian accompaniment). Each bus trip is $15 per person (includes a t-shirt, snacks/bottled water, and bus trip coordination).
To participate, sign up online: http://www.volunteerfoxcities.org/give-back-bus/. For more details on the upcoming Give Back Bus, contact Kristin Cates, 920-832-9360 or email@example.com. We welcome members of the media and if you are interested in sending someone along on the bus, please let us know!
The Give Back Bus is made possible with support from the Bright Idea Fund within the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region, LAMERS Bus Lines and FAST SIGNS, Inc.