Twenty-one Wisconsin companies have been named finalists for the 2017 MARKETPLACE Governor’s Awards, which recognize outstanding Wisconsin businesses owned by minorities, women and service-disabled veterans.
More than 400 nominations were received this year for the awards, which recognize the achievements of Wisconsin businesses of all sizes and industries. Winners will be announced at a luncheon held Dec. 14 in Milwaukee as part of MARKETPLACE 2017, the governor’s conference on minority business development.
Small and large businesses are being honored in two categories: the Outstanding Business Award, which recognizes established businesses that have demonstrated the capacity to grow over the past five years and have plans for continued expansion in the future; and the Rising Star Award, which honors businesses established after 2012 that have demonstrated strong growth potential.
Awards are given to state-certified minority-owned business enterprises (MBEs), woman-owned business enterprises (WBEs) and service-disabled veteran businesses (DVBs).
The finalists for the Outstanding Large Business Awards for the MBE, WBE or DVB categories are:
- Metal-Era Inc., Waukesha
- Able Access Transportation LLC, Milwaukee
- Sanchez Painting Contractors Inc., Wauwatosa
- E.O Johnson Business Technologies, Wausau
- Hard Rock Sawing & Drilling Specialists Company, Keshena
- Andrea & Orendorff LLP, Kenosha
The finalists for the Outstanding Small Business Awards are:
- Physical Therapy of Milwaukee LLC, Milwaukee
- PeroDigm Design Studio, Cambridge
- Cartridge Savers Inc., Madison
- Milestone Plumbing Inc., Wauwatosa
- Superior Structural Corp., New Berlin
- Stormwater Solutions Engineering LLC, Milwauke
- American Pride Industrial Equipment & Services LLC, Green B
- Middleton Construction Consulting LLC, Madison
The finalists for the Rising Star Awards are:
- Octopi Brewing LLC, Waunakee
- DesignsTouch LLC, Racine
- CleMetric LLC, Madison
- Terra Translations, LLC, Wauwatosa
- White Buffalo Trucking LLC, Seymour
- EFH Trucking LLC, Milwaukee
- CEP Civil Engineering Professionals LLC, Madison
Award finalists will benefit from recognition at the event and through media promotion.
MARKETPLACE 2017, which takes place Dec. 13-14 at the Potawatomi Hotel and Conference Center in Milwaukee, is the premier business capacity-building conference of the year for minority-, woman- and veteran-owned businesses pursuing contracts with state, federal and local agencies as well as corporations. The event is supported by more than 20 sponsors, including the Keystone Sponsor, Town Bank; the Governor’s Award Luncheon Sponsor, US Bank; and the Breakfast Sponsor, Milwaukee Business Journal.
For 36 years, the conference has brought together businesses, agencies and business development resources to create new opportunities for state-certified MBEs, WBEs and DVBs. More than 60 exhibitors, including lenders, business resources, certified agencies and businesses, will be featured in the MARKETPLACE Expo Hall on Dec. 14.
The individual cost is $60 for both days, with a $20 additional fee for the Dec. 13 evening reception. Discounts are available for minority-, woman- and veteran-owned businesses. Buyers and supplier diversity managers from government agencies and private corporations attending to meet potential suppliers can register at no charge.
Registration and detailed information are available at www.MarketplaceWisconsin.com.