The Arc will host a Wings For Autism event at Appleton International Airport Saturday, Nov. 4. The event is being held in partnership with Appleton International Airport,Allegiant Air, Autism Society of the Fox Valley, Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism, Fox Valley Autism Treatment Program, SOAR Fox Cities, Inc. and WisconSibs.
Wings For Autism is an airport "rehearsal" designed for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
What: Wings For Autism
Where: Appleton International Airport
W6390 Challenger Dr.
Appleton, WI 54914
When: Saturday, Nov. 4 from 8-10:30 a.m. The schedule is as follows:
- 7:40 a.m. - Volunteers arrive
- 8 a.m. - Event registration opens
- 9:10 a.m. - Aircraft boarding
- 9:40 a.m. - Simulated aircraft departure
- 10 a.m. - Simulated aircraft arrival
- 10:15 a.m. - Baggage claim and surveys
- Participants and family members passing through TSA security checkpoint
- Participants and family members on a plane for a simulated flight
- Participants and family members going through baggage claim
Appleton International Airport
Community Autism Agency Professionals