The nomination process for the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce’s annual individual leadership awards is now open for the 2017 The EVENT: Celebrating Business awards program. Each year this prestigious event recognizes individuals who embrace principled leadership, strategic thinking, balanced workplace values and an unrelenting pursuit of excellence. Online nominations are being accepted now through September 8 at foxcitieschamber.com.
The award categories include ATHENAâ Leadership, Business Hall of Fame, Champion of the Chamber, Entrepreneur of the Year, Gus A. Zuehlke Distinguished Service and the Joyce Bytof Exceptional Mentor award. Eligibility for each award can be found on the online nomination forms.
- ATHENA Leadership Award - The ATHENA Leadership Award is awarded to a woman who has achieved the highest level of professional excellence. This individual contributes time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the Fox Cities community, and actively assist others, particularly women, in realizing their full leadership potential. Click here to nominate.
- Business Hall of Fame Award - Awarded to an individual(s) who has demonstrated personal and business success, a business leader who has gained recognition and honor for outstanding achievement in their industry, someone who is dedicated to the economic vitality in our community, and is a role model for future generations. Click here to nominate.
- Champion of the Chamber Award - Awarded to an individual who, through their volunteer on-going efforts within the Fox Cities Chamber, helps to strengthen the local economy through leadership development, workforce development, community involvement and business development. The successful growth of the Chamber should be of primary importance to the candidate. This individual is someone who influences both members and non-members to become more involved in the Chamber. Click here to nominate.
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award - Awarded to an individual who, at their own risk and initiative, has established a thriving and successful business. The business must have at least 3 full years of operation. Click here to nominate.
- Gus A. Zuehlke Distinguished Service Award - This award is named in honor of Gus A. Zuehlke, a past Chairman of the Fox Cities Chamber Board of Directors. In the spirit of Gus’s passion for serving his community, this award is designed to honor an individual who has made outstanding contributions through leadership in the business community and service during his/her years as a Chamber member. This is an individual who has been a job creator through their business endeavors and has made significant contributions as a driver of economic development growth in the Fox Cities. Recipient(s) of this award will have a $5,000 award/grant donated in their name to a charitable organization of their choice. Click here to nominate.
- Joyce Bytof Exceptional Mentor Award – Awarded to an individual who is proactive in the advancement of others by sharing time, talent and business experience for the purposes of promoting growth and opportunity in our community. Click here to nominate.
“This annual event is our opportunity to recognize and honor individuals in our community that have demonstrated outstanding achievements in operating a business as well as a commitment to leadership in the Fox Cities. These individuals have dedicated themselves as professionals and volunteers to the well-being of the Fox Cities and we are thrilled to recognize them for their efforts,” shared Bob Mundt, Chamber President/CEO.
The Event 2017, presented by Bank First National, will be hosted on Thursday, November 9 at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center in Downtown Appleton. Black tie attire is admired but not required for this event.
For more information on The Event, contact Kristen Greiner, Events Manager at the Fox Cities Chamber by phone (920) 734-7101, email email@example.com or visit http://bit.ly/fccEVENT2017. To see last year’s recipients, visit http://foxcitieschamber.com/community/the-event-awards/.