The fifth annual Cuisine for a Cause Celebrity Cooking Event sponsored by Community First Credit Union will take place on Friday, February 4, 2017 beginning at 5:00 p.m. at the Radisson Paper Valley in Appleton. Proceeds from the event will benefit local non-profit Rebuilding Together Fox Valley.
The event will pair local celebrities with chefs, representing restaurants across the Fox Valley, to prepare one course of a four-course meal. Two teams at a time will square off to serve their course. Guests will be given a tasting of each teams’ culinary masterpiece and then will vote for their favorite dish within each course.
Community celebrities who will participate in the event are:
- Dr. Nikki Brady and Vince Gallucci, Ascension Health
- Laurie Butz, Community First Credit Union
- Josh Dukelow, WHBY
- Sharon Hulce, Employment Resource Group
- Tyler Jebwabny, Coldwell Banker The Real Estate Group
- Brian McGinnis and Ryan Perkins, ThedaCare
- Matt Prickett, ERC Counselors & Consultants
- Jennifer Stephany, Appleton Downtown, Inc.
Professional Chefs and Restaurants who will be participating in the event are:
- Chef Janel Abel, Seven Boutique Catering
- Chef Charles Behrmann, Timber Rattlers
- Kimberly Finnell and Chef Liborio Osorio, Osorio’s Latin Fusion
- Sarah Gregory, Shirley Vazquez and Chef Fortino Sabino, Draft Gastropub
- Craig Persha and Chef Modesto Santander, Apollon
- Chef Cole Plamann, Houdini’s Escape Gastropub
- Chef Ryan Sherman, Spats Food & Spirits
- Chef John Rheymond C. Sumera, GingeRootz Asian Grille
“This event makes it possible for Rebuilding Together Fox Valley to carry out our vision of providing a safe, warm and healthy home for every person,” said Shannon Wiegman, executive director of Rebuilding Together Fox Valley. “We are grateful for the community support and thank every local business, sponsor, celebrity, chef, volunteer and guest that help us make this event a night full of food and fun!”
Limited general admission tickets and corporate tables for Cuisine for a Cause are for sale online at cuisineforacause.com or by contacting Rebuilding Together Fox Valley at 920-730-2156.
Rebuilding Together Fox Valley is a nonprofit, volunteer organization that unites individuals and companies who are interested in improving the lives of others by joining forces to complete housing repairs for our neighbors throughout the Fox Valley. The mission of Rebuilding Together Fox Valley is to bring volunteers and communities together to improve the homes and lives of low-income homeowners. For more information on the organization, visit www.rtfv.org or call 920-730-2156.