Pinnacle Award Recipients
The Pinnacle Awards Program recognizes individuals who embrace principled leadership, strategic thinking, balanced workplace values and an unrelenting pursuit of excellence. Individuals have a unique blend of vision, energy, perseverance and skill and have demonstrated outstanding achievements in operating businesses as well as leadership in the community.
The Fox Cities Chamber is proud to recognize these individuals for their many contributions to the community. They have dedicated themselves as professionals and volunteers to the well-being of the Fox Cities.
- ATHENA® Leadership - Awarded to a woman who has achieved the highest level of professional excellence. This individual contributes time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the Fox Cities community, and actively assists others, particularly women, in realizing their full leadership potential.
- Business Hall of Fame - The Business Hall of Fame is awarded to individuals who have demonstrated personal and business success, business leaders who have gained recognition and honor for outstanding achievement in their industry, who have been dedicated to the economic vitality in our community, and are role models for future generations.
- Champion of the Chamber - Awarded to an individual who, through his/her on-going volunteer efforts within the Fox Cities Chamber, helps strengthen the local economy through innovative leadership, workforce development, and community and business development. This individual influences both members and non-members to become more involved in the Chamber.
- Entrepreneur of the Year - Awarded to an individual who, through his/her own risk and initiative, has established a thriving and successful business.
- Gus A. Zuehlke Distinguished Service - This award is named in honor of Gus A. Zuehlke, a past Chairman of the Board of the Fox Cities Chamber. In the spirit of Gus' passion for serving his community, this award honors an individual who has made outstanding contributions through leadership in business and service during his/her years as a Chamber member. This business leader has been a job creator through business endeavors, and has made significant contributions as a driver of economic growth in the Fox Cities. The recipient of this award will have a $5,000 award/grant donated in his/her name to the charitable organization of his/her choice.
- Joyce Bytof Exceptional Mentor - Awarded to an individual who is proactive in the advancement of others by sharing time, talent and business experience for the purposes of promoting growth and opportunity in the Fox Cities Community.
- Young Professional of the Year - The Fox Cities has thousands of young professionals who excel within their places of employment and in the community. This professional excels in his/her respective field and positively influences the quality of life in the Fox Cities. This individual has a hand in attracting and retaining young talent to the area. This Future 15 recipient was chosen based on dedication, a strong sense of vision for the Fox Cities and understanding of the importance of volunteering and giving back.
PINNACLE AWARDS: Celebrating Business leader Excellence
Congratulations to our previous award recipients!
ATHENA® LEADERSHIP AWARD
- 2017 - Donna Gehl - President, Image Studios
- 2016 - Jean Long Manteufel - Owner, A-1 Moving & Storage
- 2015 - Lisa Cruz - Owner, Red Shoes PR
- 2014 - Margaret LeBrun, Insight Publications
- 2013 - Beth Davis, Community First Credit Union
- 2012 - Monica Vomastic, Landmark Staffing Resources Inc.
- 2011 - Kathi Seifert, Katapult, LLC
BUSINESS HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES
- 2017 - Debra Michiels - Owner, Fox Banquets & Rivertyme Catering (retired); Thomas Prosser - Partner, Dunsirn Partners, LLC
- 2016 - Cody Splitt - Attorney (retired); Walt Rugland - Executive Vice President, Thrivent Financial (retired)
- 2015 - John Bergstrom - Chairman and CEO, Bergstrom Corporation; Richard "Dick" Bergstrom - Vice Chairman, Bergstrom Corporation
- 2014 - John Bykowski - SECURA Insurance; Leota Ester - Landmark the Staffing Resource; Dave Voss - Miron Construction
- 2013 - Oscar C. Boldt - The Boldt Company; Catherine Tierney - Community First Credit Union
- 2012 - Paul Hoffman - Hoffman; Bob Keller - J.J. Keller & Associates; Kathi Seifert - Katapult, LLC
- 2011 - William R. Bassett - Chairman of the Board, Bassett Mechanical; Joyce Bytof - Chairman & CEO, Coldwell Banker The Real Estate Group, Inc.; John Pfefferle - Chairman, Pfefferle Companies, Inc.
THE CHAMPION OF THE CHAMBER AWARD
- 2017 - Richard Parks - Regional Director, Modern Woodmen of America
- 2016 - Patrick Minskey - Advisor, Edward Jones
- 2015 - Les Van Ornum - Founder, Merchants' Choice Card Services, LLC
- 2014 - Dennis Jochman - Bechard Group
- 2013 - Ron Zahn - Coldwell Banker The Real Estate Group
- 2012 - Debra Michiels - Fox Banquets Rivertyme Catering
- 2011 - Tim Higgins - Owner, ChiRho Services
ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR AWARD
- 2017 - Doris & Alice Ng - Co-owners, GingeRootz Asian Grille
- 2016 - Dave Willems - CEO and Principal, Willems Marketing and Events
- 2015 - Brian Gottlieb - Owner, Tundraland
- 2014 - Jim Bere - Alta Resources
- 2013 - Debra Michiels - Fox Banquets Rivertyme Catering
- 2012 - Rollie Stephenson - Faith Technologies, Inc.
- 2011 - Kevin Eismann - Owner, Epiphany Law, LLC
THE GUS A. ZUEHLKE DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
- 2017 - Kathi Seifert - President, Katapult, LLC
- 2016 - Richard Batley - President, R.B. Batley Hospitality
- 2015 - Jon Stellmacher - Retired Senior Vice President, Thrivent Financial
- 2014 - Walter S. Rugland - EVP, Thrivent Financial (retired)
- 2013 - John Bykowski - SECURA Insurance
- 2012 - O.C. Boldt - The Boldt Group
- 2011 - John F. Bergstrom - Chairman & CEO, Bergstrom Automotive
JOYCE BYTOF EXCEPTIONAL MENTOR AWARD
- 2017 - Donald Herrmann - President, Herrmann Advantage Consulting, LLC
- 2016 - Tom Wiltzius - President, Wiltzius Associates
- 2015 - Tony Busch - Managing Member, Priora Cash Flow Management, LLC
- 2014 - Kathi Seifert - Katapult, LLC
- 2013 - Kathy Westover - SOFTSPAN
- 2012 - Beth Davis - Community First Credit Union
- 2011 - Mary Harp-Jirschele - Executive Director, J. J. Keller Foundation, Inc.
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR AWARD
- 2017 - Nathan Litt - Account Director, Quill Creative
- 2016 - Alison Mayer - Corporate Communications Specialist, US Venture
- 2015 - Robyn Gruner - Director, External Affairs, AT&T
- 2014 - Jason Henderson, Orchard Financial, LLC
- 2013 - John Weyenberg, Greater Fox Cities Habitat for Humanity
- 2012 - Kip Golden, Miron Construction Co., Inc.
- 2011 - Sarah Schneider (was with Schenck at the time)
The Event 2017 Award recipient videos
Business Hall of Fame - Tom Prosser
|Business Hall of Fame - Debra Michiels|
|ATHENA Leadership Award - Donna Gehl||Champion of the Chamber Award - Rick Parks|
|Entrepreneur of the Year Award - GingeRootz||Gus A. Zuehlke Distinguished Service Award - Kathi Seifert|
|Joyce Bytof Exceptional Mentor Award - Don Herrmann||Young Professional of the Year - Nathan Litt|
2017 EVENT Award Recipients